Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our hood...

We went up to Gammarth, two suberbs up from us and about 15 minutes, on Sunday. There is an Italian resort up there that was hard to find, but served food and "drink" during the day amid Ramadan, and a friend of Derek's was having a birthday party. Eliot got another chance to see the ocean, and as we've seen before, the little guy loves water.
Eliot, Derek and I took a walk near our house. We live on a hill, and if you walk down the hill, you end up at the Sidi Bou Said beach -- about 10 minutes, and beautiful.

We thought it was funny some of the landscape looks a lot like the southwest.


There's a great hotel right on the beach, but sadly deserted. Apparently it's under construction/remodle -- hopefully it will reopen in splendor, though not sure it'll happen while we're here.



More from our walk down to the beach...



Pretty boardwalk, seriously 10 min. walk from the house. Almost like being in CA -- Amazing!









And here's the beach. A lot less crowded now that it's September. One big difference from California -- lots of men and children swimming, with few women -- though we do see bikinis from time to time, thanks to our French tourist friends!











1 comment:

  1. I wish you were in California and then I might get to see you and your family in person. I love seeing your life! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete