Today was a big day for Eliot, as we removed swaddling and pacifier for the first time. Needless to say, he didn't get much sleep today for crying, and I have to admit, if it weren't for Dust standing in the hallway coaching me through it, I never would have let him cry for more than 5 minutes. Dust somehow got hold of my copy of "healthy sleep happy baby" or something like that, and read me passages throughout the day on letting E self soothe... The poor guy was so exhausted, by bedtime he seemed to have knocked out without much protest. It is only 9:50pm though, and I don't want to jinx us!

Derek and I tested out the "metro" today, with some success. Pros: quick and cheap; Cons: sort of like the metro one would imagine in hell. Dirty, seafoam green, flickering lights, strange people, did I mention dirty?

Okay, unsightly picture. I still can't believe I'm posting it. But get this. I was wearing a dress on Sunday, we took a cab, 15 minutes later, I'm peeling my upper thigh off of the hot vinyl seat, which hurt, but I didn't think about it again until tonight, when I looked down with HORROR to see burst blood vessels on my leg!!! Can you EVEN believe a taxi seat could do this??? And really, I think the picture is much better than the real thing. In any case, note to self, no exposed legs on vinyl seats, seriously a huge liability. I just hope my poor leg heals soon.
Derek and I tested out the "metro" today, with some success. Pros: quick and cheap; Cons: sort of like the metro one would imagine in hell. Dirty, seafoam green, flickering lights, strange people, did I mention dirty?
Okay, unsightly picture. I still can't believe I'm posting it. But get this. I was wearing a dress on Sunday, we took a cab, 15 minutes later, I'm peeling my upper thigh off of the hot vinyl seat, which hurt, but I didn't think about it again until tonight, when I looked down with HORROR to see burst blood vessels on my leg!!! Can you EVEN believe a taxi seat could do this??? And really, I think the picture is much better than the real thing. In any case, note to self, no exposed legs on vinyl seats, seriously a huge liability. I just hope my poor leg heals soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment